YSMCS has a unique mission.
Our school is based on creating an environment that fosters awareness of cultural differences and uses foreign language teaching to overcome barriers between cultures. A rigorous academic curriculum ensures each student is prepared for our changing world. Research has shown that learning new languages develops other academic areas. Our school will be:
- Developing citizens of the world who learn that culture, language and learning lead to success
- Building and reinforcing students’ sense of identity and cultural awareness
- Stimulating curiosity and inquiry in order to foster a spirit of discovery and enjoyment of learning
Research suggests that it is easier for younger students to learn a foreign language than students in high school. YSMCS will launch an explosion of learning through focusing on language acquisition and the opportunities that are presented in learning content that goes above and beyond the required state curriculum.
What parents and students can expect at YSMCS
- Introduction of foreign language study in kindergarten.
- Proficiency in two languages other than English by 8th
- Project-based learning that helps apply knowledge to real world situations.
- Rigorous, research based curriculum that supports all levels of learners.
- Extended day that is focused on improving academics and access to the arts.
- Access to current technology that ensures computer literacy.