Small school & classes:
We limit class size to 20 students per class. Small class size improves student outcomes, grades and test scores. Small classes allow each child to be seen as a unique, whole person, with his or her own learning style and pattern of growth.
Young Scholars of McKeesport Charter School students study a rigorous computer and internet integrated curriculum in math and science.
Young Scholars students participate in Extended Day programs including clubs, tutoring, and enriched curriculum.
Young Scholars sets goals for students on an individual basis; learning activities include both cooperative learning (groups) and individual projects.
Young Scholars believe that a large portion of student’s success involves a joint effort between student-parent-teacher triad. At YSMCS, your opinions count and your contributions are valued.
Other important Features of YSMCS:
- Tuition FREE
- Technology-integrated curriculum
- Full day and extended after-school programs
- Individualized one-on-one tutoring
- Emphasizing math, science and technology
- Teaching two globally significant languages
- Multi-cultural and diverse learning environments
- Student-teacher-parent harmony
- Providing extra help to students overcoming a language barrier in their transitioning process
- Self-confident, self-sufficient and self-esteemed students